Igloo Energy - www.igloo.energy Review

Guest's review of Igloo Energy - www.igloo.energy

“From a longstanding Igloo customer here are some facts...”

Written on: 04/04/2021

From a longstanding Igloo customer here are some facts which might help clarify what is going on at Igloo.

You have probably been redirected here after researching the offending telephone number of 01792. This number belongs to Magnum Utilities.
Igloo have a close relationship with Magnum Utilities who fit smart meters. Igloo have supplied Magnum with the personal identifying details of their customers. This has subsequently resulted in Igloo customers being telephoned continuously by an automated system hour after hour, day after day. In this house it has amounted to continual and persistent harassment.
Igloo initially denied any knowledge of the number ringing even though Magnum were using the Igloo name to introduce themselves. When I explained that it had been disclosed on the net as being Igloo they admitted more knowledge and came clean.
Igloo without permission have passed all my private details to Magnum for them to try and get me to sign up to a smart meter. Igloo say this is legal as Magnum are a 3rd party company.
A complaint is outstanding with Igloo, the regulator Ofgem and The Information Commissioner.
Igloo have washed their hands of everything and blame Magnum. What did Igloo expect Magnum to do with a phone number they provided if not to ring it?
The only way to delete my details is for me to contact Magnum and freely give them the details which I am trying to prevent them from having and again misusing. (Yes it does sound like a Monty Python sketch)
It seems all the Igloo customers I know are being affected.
I hope this helps to clarify the situation for some stressed and upset Igloo customers at their whits end.

To those whom I have introduced to Igloo, I sincerely apologise, and to those I had intended to introduce to Igloo I say, You have had a lucky escape. Look elsewhere. I know I am.