Worst utility company out there

JayceSteele's review of EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com

“Worst utility company out there”

Written on: 17/01/2022 by JayceSteele (1 review written)

Moved to eon with the promise of a smart meter. A year later turns out the smart meter wasn’t working or transmitting any data. Eon knew this and did nothing and then at the end of the year we were hit with a massive bill when the monthly dd should have been for what we had used. Eon refused to do anything and said had to pay or they would refer it to a debt collection agency affecting our credit score effectively forcing us to pay. Could of got a cheaper rate without a smart meter from another supplier, would have adjusted usage if we knew we were over our monthly budget but as as the info on the smart meter was wrong we were believed it was affordable.

Awful complaints procedure and totally useless staff. The company is rotten front top to bottom and wouldn’t use them again if it was free.

Mi6Executive's Comment

Written on: 10/04/2022

I have just been transferred to Eon Next without being told. The app. Was hopeless and the meter readings took 7 times to input, come to find out the Google online version has 7 different readings not inputted by myself and now I have a massive £1783 they say has to be paid just like that. I have never owed that much in my life on gas and Electric for 1 month, I am disputing it, can't trust the system on line as it is calculating wrong and customer service, once you have waited a whole hour to speak with somebody who has no compassion or wanting to sort for me. They were saying that I had never given them a meter reading for 6 months, rediculous. Very bad money gauging company. Should be ashamed of yourselves and closed down. No value for money.