Wasted 50 minutes, just dodging doing a simple task

darrenwilkes's review of EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com

“Wasted 50 minutes, just dodging doing a simple task”

Written on: 22/04/2020 by darrenwilkes (1 review written)

I purchased a property which E.on supplies with Gas and Electric, I have a tenant moving into the house on Monday and wished to pay E.On the money I owe them for the time I have owned the property.

Called them - Advised to use Instant chat

Used Instant Chat - They said its only dealing with emergencies

Tried their website - Can only help if I have a reference number which I have not been issued yet

Tried Twitter - 2 DM's sent with no response.

Tried Instant chat again - this time I was able to get through to a lady called Pramita, we chatted for over 50 minutes only to be told she could not do what I wanted as I was not an emergency.

She basically wasted 50 minutes of mine and her time dodging doing a 10 minute job. Surely thats counterproductive?

I raised a complaint with Pramita, received an email within 3 minutes, stating complaint resolved and that it was currently company policy to prioritise only emergencies.

I understand that emergency cases should be prioritised, however spending 50 minutes chatting online with me, when the job could have been done in less time that that, makes a mockery of that rule.

Also why cant a company the size of e.on set up people to work from home, I have had no issues talking to my local council, my water company, my bank, my phone provider etc etc.

I was trying to do the right thing by contacting e.on wanting to pay exactly what I owed them. As they where not prepared to discuss the issue and asked me to call back in a few weeks, they will get a similar response if and when they finally come chasing me for the money I owe them.