Dreadful in every way

DesireeRasmussen's review of EON Gas & Electricity - www.eon-uk.com

“Dreadful in every way”

Written on: 03/11/2018 by DesireeRasmussen (1 review written)

I had the misfortune to deal with Eon recently following a house sale. Although they had all up to date information - sale completion, meter readings and payments, they continued to send bills to an empty property and finally via an estate agent I discovered they had given my details to a credit agency. I called them numerous times - well over a dozen, was kept waiting for a reply for 15 - 30 minutes at each attempt, and in addition to this no one appeared to be able to handle the problem. Finally after 5 months of calls and explanations someone finally managed to follow the paper trail, sort out my correct address and use the meter readings to produce what I thought would be a final bill (standing charges only). In days an 'estimated' bill arrived - Eon had added fuel onto the bill - it seems a ghost was using energy there. Today weeks and weeks later I'm now requiring a refund! Do not use Eon. I have never experienced such incompetence, such appalling customer service and quite frankly employees ability to grasp an understanding of a not very complex situation. I also note that they are not offering a good deal on energy either!

Eonhelp's Comment

Written on: 06/11/2018

Hello DesireeRasmussen and thank you for your review.

I'm sorry for the long waits on the phone. We're working to improve these as we know they're not good enough at present.

I agree, this should've been a straightforward task. We've specialist Home Moves teams dedicated to closing accounts down and opening new ones as customers let us know they're moving in or out. As you contacted us at the time with dates and meter readings, the old account should've been closed to these details and a final bill issued. If you gave us a forwarding address all correspondence regarding the old account will have gone there. If not, it would go to the old address.

As you say, something is still not right. As you've now received an estimated bill for the same property, it sounds as though the old account hasn't been closed as it should've been. This has been going on too long and I'd suggest taking this down the complaints route. A Complaint Manager will be appointed to look after the account. They'll see what's gone wrong and put it right. If you're not satisfied with what they do please follow the escalation process first to another area of the business for a second opinion and then, if necessary, to the Energy Ombudsman for an independent review.

I'm sorry such a straightforward task is taking so long to sort out and hope this points you in the right direction.

Malc