NOT an Apple store

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Shaunt238's review of Stormfront Newbury www.stormfront.co.uk

“NOT an Apple store”

Written on: 11/01/2016 by Shaunt238 (1 review written)

Stormfront is an attractive business with generally friendly and knowledge staff that clearly mimics an official Apple retail store. As a local and a loyal Apple customer, I've always enjoyed browsing and picking up odds and ends at the shop. As they have recently started carrying iPhones and Apple Watches, when it came time buy a Christmas gift for my wife, I went to Stormfront to buy the watch. They were friendly and helpful throughout the process- all very Apple like.

However, after Christmas, and having only taken it out of the box, my wife admitted she didn't want it and would never wear it. Oh well I thought, I'll be liable for the restocking fee as she opened it, but so be it.

Nope. Stormfront's policy (in small print on the receipt but not posted or communicated verbally) it that they don't take returns on any open products. None. No exceptions.

I am loyal to Apple not only because I like their products, but for their excellent customer service. I made the very poor assumption that a company that tries so hard to mimic the Apple experience would have the same commitment to customer service.

No matter what they want you to think, it's not an Apple store. Think hard about making a major purchase from them, or just make the dive to Reading and shop at the real thing.

• Newbury