Extremely Versatile Guitar

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

terrygh1949's review of Line 6 Variax 500

“Extremely Versatile Guitar”

Written on: 04/09/2018 by terrygh1949 (1 review written)

A few years ago I purchased a Variax 600 with the trem bidge. It was a Great guitar but, after I played it I really didn't care for the trem bridge and, Daphne blue wasn't my color. I played it quite a bit and, the performance was excellent, really didn't have any tuning problems as a few others have commented. I kinda got carried away with the workbench program which didn't do anything but frustrate me to the point that I sold everything guitar and, all items associated with it. After a few years went by and, also a few other guitars that went on the auction block I decided to try another Variax but this time a 500 model hardtail in a sunburst finish. No messing around with a workbench program either just play it and, enjoy! Well I guess what goes around comes around so they say. Really enjoying this guitar with all the versatality that is built in it. I have noticed that there a few of these showing up in other Pro's hands like John McFee (Doobie Bros) and, a tremendous guitarist that is playing with Michael McDonald not to mention a few other artists that have found the beauty of this instrument. I still will always have a spare instrument on hand at a gig for a just in case scenario but, this 500 will on stage with me for most of my gigs. If you own one of these run the acoustic models from the AB switch to an acoustic amp (Fishman Artist) for a real treat! I'm glad I gave the Variax another chance! Very Satisfied!!!!!

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard