Money grubbing at its worst

LJSmithette's review of Bond 11+ Live - www.bond11plus.co.uk

“Money grubbing at its worst”

Written on: 27/09/2020 by LJSmithette (1 review written)

I’ve just finished a years subscription to this company for my youngest child. Child tried to log on today to do some practise but was told no because our subscription had expired. I had not received any communication from Bond to notify me our subscription was ending. Ok that’s fine, the 11+ tests for our area have been pushed back to mid October because of corona virus, so I thought I’d just get another month of subscription. This is where it gets annoying. It said I would have to pay £55 to renew my child’s annual subscription. Well they sit the test in 3 weeks time so that’s a waste. I only need a month. I have a distressed child fretting about being unable to practise for the test. So I quickly look at the options and it says in the shop I can buy a monthly subscription for £6.50. Brilliant, I think, that’s what I want. I quickly make the transaction and then tell my child it’s all good and they can log in. Except they cannot. So I take a closer look and discover that Bond has signed me up to a new pay monthly rolling contract for £6.50 per month which I cannot exit for 3 months! So I now have to pay £19.50 so my unfortunate child can use their resources for 3 weeks. Plus, to rub salt into the wound my child cannot access all their previous work and progress because Bond is treating it as a new subscription, not a renewal. So, buyer beware. Take great care when using this company, they are geared to take your money, not to help your child. I would have expected some sort of arrangement for families who are affected by coronavirus rescheduling of tests, instead I’ve been milked for money and my child cannot even access their previous learning data. A terrible company.