Late delivery, poor packaging, lying excuses

IanzNoble's review of Moonpig, www.moonpig.com

“Late delivery, poor packaging, lying excuses”

Written on: 17/02/2017 by IanzNoble (0 reviews written)

I ordered a Valentine's Rose Sweetie Jar with Chocolates, Plant and Valentine's card for my wife, with 'guaranteed next working day delivery', which would be on Monday 13th Feb. so that I could sign the card and have everything ready for the morning of 14th Feb. The order acknowledgement clearly stated that it had been dispatched on Friday 10th February for delivery, as agreed, on 13th February. The package arrived in the afternoon of 14th - totally spoiling Valentine's morning - and the rose plant had fallen over in the box due to very poor protection - it had only a bit of air-filled plastic 'sausage' loosely wrapped around the plant, allowing plenty of room for it to crash about inside the box. Result was that the only open bloom was snapped off and lying sadly in the pot (the other buds are now opening!).

On complaining by email, I was lied to regarding promised dispatch date and delivery guarantee date - fortunately I kept the order confirmation email to prove the true facts. I replied, again quoting the originally agreed dates and times and this time received their 'sincerest apologies' admitting their error. I have been given a full refund of all costs and a 'goodwill gesture' of £10.00 credit added to my Moonpig account, with which I am quite happy. I had not askked for this, only an apology and for them to honestly admit to messing up the order, which was eventually forthcoming.

ad they not messed up, they would have received 4 stars (one deducted for poor packaging). I have given 2 stars instead of 1 because the card was well printed.

I will use them again purely in order to use the £10 credit, but still could not, in all honesty, recommend Moonpig to anyone.