Good workers & tidy site but poor follow up

McCrackenlo60's review of Stratton Glass and Windows Ltd - www.strattonglasswindows.co.uk

“Good workers and tidy site but poor follow up”

Written on: 09/08/2021 by McCrackenlo60 (1 review written)

The quotation process was easy and there was no pressure to buy. I felt really at ease choosing the company. The windows were installed on the agreed date and they look and work well. The problem is that we were left with a cracked pane of glass. I understand this happens but I have to contact the company for an update on the glass replacement order. Even a call to say the order is delayed or expected on a certain date would be better than nothing. I'm aware of issues due to covid and brexit.

Now six weeks on the crack is spreading and I have emailed again to confirm that the glass will arrive on the expected date mentioned a few weeks ago. I have bookmarked other companies who replace the glass as I'm concerned about leaving the damage much longer. The contract that we signed stated that we paid in full on completion. We did this against our better judgment as we would rather have held a small amount back until the glass was repaired. Mistakes happen but keeping in touch about the glass would improve customer care ratings.