Exhausting hard sell.

Boyle8's review of Posh Windows UK - www.poshwindowsuk.co.uk

“Exhausting hard sell.”

Written on: 26/11/2020 by Boyle8 (1 review written)

Having obtained a quote from a local company for a composite front door. I was not too bothered when Posh windows made a cold call by phone. Incidentally it has been suggested that this company target the vulnerable; they asked for my wife by name, she is over 70 and terminally ill and is registered as vulnerable. I explained what I wanted - a composite door (these are better and more expensive than a UPVC door). Yes, someone would call tomorrow.
I was surprised, given Covid lock down, that he wasn’t wearing a mask and seemed to make little attempt at social distancing. I explained what I wanted: a quote for composite doors, the colour and glazing options. I would like the quote by email along with the specification’
No chance: I had to endure 40 minutes of hard sell, being passed back and forth by phone between the salesman and his boss. The original asking price tumbled by £1500 with the application of a “grant”, it later came down by a further £500, then another £400 and eventually another £200. The salesman was evasive about specifications, they were “A1 - the same as footballer buy”.
I finally squeezed out of him that his price was for the cheaper UPVC doors and not what I wanted.
Needless to say, I got nowhere and I’m still waiting for a professional quote by email. I would suggest that you don’t waste your time with Posh window