Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced

EmCBee's review of Basfords - www.basfords.com

“Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced”

Written on: 01/03/2021 by EmCBee (1 review written)

The person I dealt with couldn’t have been helpful enough in advising on products and providing specification details for a gorgeous new barn conversion project that included Origin windows and doors, 6m Deutman sliders , Timberlook windows and two large Aluminum custom items all in anthracite grey. As a result my I placed a 35k order paying in full in June last year. The Surveyor did an excellent job on site and ironing out details with the construction team. It was all going so well. Then the problems started. Incorrect products, missing items, incorrect installations, installers putting cheap plastic trims over the gaps between my aluminum windows instead of the correct origin trims, installers repeatedly not turning up and not once Did Basfords do me the courtesy of a phone call or email. It was always me having to chase, me having to often send 10+ emails or make even more phone calls to get any kind of resolution. I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes, but there seems to be no communication between fitters and the office staff responsible for installation.
The three most expensive items were all incorrectly fitted and it eventually took me spending two whole days spamming the MD with phone calls and emails to get him to come to site and survey the mess himself. Sadly despite The protestations that all would be imminently resolved, fast forward another four months and I’m still waiting for the final finishing items to be installed.

It’s just such a shame as this project could have been a success had Basfords just got themselves a current chain of command and communication procedures. It’s not rocket science to contact someone if you’re not going to turn up or if somethings been overlooked.
Anyone thinking of using this company, don’t.