Currys, DO NOT buy from this company EVER!

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

TBre12's review of Currys

“Currys, DO NOT buy from this company EVER!”

Written on: 05/11/2021 by TBre12 (1 review written)

I purchased white goods to the value of £1127 from Currys and received a £100 discount. To cut a long story short I returned a 50cm stand alone cooker as I realised it just didn’t look right. It’s value pre-discount was £299. I ordered a replacement at the same value, on a new order number, again from Currys. They picked up the first cooker at the same time they delivered the replacement. I then received an email telling me they were now ready to refund me £237 for the returned cooker. I called them immediately and after having waited nearly 45 minutes to speak to someone, after navigating the hardest option list I’ve ever come across. The agent explained that the reduction was for the cooker, and the other three items were affected as well. I explained that I’d spent the same amount as the initial order, admittedly over two order numbers and they should reinstate the lost amount. In the end after battering my head against a wall I told them I wanted to put in an official formal complaint. I Got a reference number and was told I’d hear the result in five days, nothing. I went on their webchat which is soul destroying, you wait an age for a simple reply. That agent told me I’d have to wait two weeks, not happy but I accepted it. That expired yesterday, nothing. I called this morning and spoke to an agent who basically told me you would never get a response, or a resolution, they just use complaints to improve their processes, unbelievable. For a company that I think we all perceive as a big company their customer care is absolutely shocking, as are their disinterested agents. They are without a doubt the worst company I’ve ever dealt with and I won’t spend a single penny with them in the future, as I would advise you to do. If there’s a problem you’re stuffed. Just look at the amount of poor reviews on this site alone. And the generic responses from them, only difference is the reviewers name, they can’t even be bothered to show an interest there. They do everything to put obstacles in your way, including being able to contact them, especially with a problem. I’m going on a mission to destroy as many potential orders for them as I can. I’ll make sure they regret robbing me of that £63. Look elsewhere for your “tech”. You’ll be glad you did, believe me. Can’t give zero stars which is truly what they deserve.