Signed me up for a careplan & then denied it

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

kerrylynnethompson's review of Currys

“Signed me up for a careplan and then denied it”

Written on: 11/03/2020 by kerrylynnethompson (1 review written)

I bought a HP Desktop computer from Currys in April 2018. The very slick gent salesman in the store assured me that I was not liable for any other costs, they would give me a free careplan for a few months as a gesture of goodwill - I had bought a demo model computer off the shop floor. It turns out they had signed me up for a Careplan and had been continuously debiting my account. When I queried this, I was repeatedly fobbed off and told that my bank would have a signed copy of the direct debit agreement. The bank had no such thing. They explained that all Currys need is my acc number and sort code (they had taken my card only when the EFT transaction took place, right in front of me). The money is now back in my account, but I would warn everyone - either purchase goods in cash only, don't pay for anything by card!) I can't believe they had the audacity to, nor can I fathom how they managed to document my card details for the direct debit - I was with my husband when we purchased the item from the store and at no point did my card go with anyone - it was ONLY handed over to the gentleman who sat at a desk and took the card payment directly in front of me. I will still to either doing cash purchases or I'll shop elsewhere in future!

• Woking, Lion Retail Park