Residential Dog Training Holidays for Dogs & Owners

problemwithdogs's review of Royvon Boarding and Dog Training Kennels, Merthyr Tydfil - www.royvon.co.uk

“Residential Dog Training Holidays for Dogs & Owners”

Written on: 04/09/2012 by problemwithdogs (1 review written)

Let me start by telling you a little about my dog - I have a three and half year old Landseer named Max, this breed is not aggressive by nature - commonly known as the gentle giant.

We all like to think our own dog is a little special - Max is indeed, as contrary to the breeds nature he slowly developed aggressive tendency towards people and other dogs, he would constantly be re-establishing his standing within my family and friends to the extent that he had terrorised most and had to be on lead and muzzled when anyone other than my husband and myself were in the house, I have been unable to leave Max with anyone as he could not be trusted.

Our walks had changed from nice casual strolls in the parks off lead to a constant nightmare he would consistently start with other large dogs, and growl and lunge towards people, needless to say he ended up on lead at all times.

I had been looking for an intensive training course for some time that would help me to train my dog as I do feel the problem was not his alone.

I found ROYVON Boarding and training by accident when searching the web as they don’t make too big a thing about the three days training course. (Residential Dog Training Holidays for Dogs & Owners)

Onto training Arrived 9.45am at Royvon in Wales first thing Max did was attack the poor trainer. DAVID (the trainer) was absolutely fantastic he stood his ground with Max and continued to work with me and Max that day and by late afternoon David was walking Max without his muzzle on the lead.

I left Max in their kennels overnight as it was felt that the time apart may do some good.

A significant part of the problem was Max’s devotion/protection towards me.

The next morning 8.30 am David attended to Max as arranged - he let him out of the kennels and played with him in the field – no muzzle no lead.

During the course of the day we introduce lots of other dogs into the play area which Max gradually accepted and played with, people were able to stand near me and have conversations without Max attacking them, although he still had a very watchful eye.

We have now been home five days and max has accepted all of the family without incident on a daily basis – he has not been muzzled – I have taken him over the park daily - with no incident.

With regards to our trainer David - he was very quick to assess what the problems were and came up with a training program that has proved to be effective so far - he offered lots of practical advice and information and restored my confidence in dealing with Max, this was all achieved in a polite manner – never condescending.

I understand this is not a quick fix solution as I still have lots of work to do max is constantly watched and never fully trusted, what David has helped me to achieve is lay a new foundation to work from.

DAVID YOU ARE A STAR!

With regards to the Royvon training facility this is exceptional - safe open training ground (fenced in fields) indoor arena – clean and well presented, all of their staff were polite, energetic and willing to assist.

I would highly recommend this facility to anyone in particular the three day training course (hard work but the rewards are worth the work) and our trainer David.

A very grateful dog owner.