Professional, personal & thorough!

West Sussex & Surrey, GU2 8JH

Guest's review of Adolescent Dogs Residential Dog Training & Classes Surrey - www.adolescentdogs.com

“Professional, personal and thorough!”

Written on: 11/03/2019

We sent our 3 month old puppy Stella to this trainer for 4 weeks while we were away over Christmas. As expected, when she left us she was walking all over the place on her lead, was not properly toilet trained, was a real hazard when let off her lead, was cheeky and adorable but not behaving in a way that was sustainable in a busy household with children.
Throughout her training the trainer was so supportive, responsive and caring. I was getting regular updates and photos, and towards the end of her stay she gave me a very candid progress report and suggested that she keep her for a few extra days, to be sure that Stella would come home trained to her full potential.
On the day of the handover my husband and I were blown away. Stella was a different puppy. Still as sweet and playful as ever but now she was reliable, predictable and obedient, and this made every moment with her more enjoyable. The trainer was so patient with us and took her time to explain everything we needed to know. After we came back home I was constantly texting her to ask her for follow-up advice, and she was always responsive and gave me invaluable advice and solutions.
Everyone at Adolescent dogs is so professional - from the communication before training starts, to the training manual for follow-up, the personal attention they pay to your puppy's needs, I was very impressed. They are also very clear however that a lot of the long term results come from the owner's follow-up to training. I found this to be very true.
There was a period when I struggled a bit not to let the bad habits come back, but I had a lot of guidance throughout and today I can say that I have a well behaved sweet puppy who is a delight. She usually is good at listening, remembers her commands, is (almost) perfectly toilet trained - and she is only 6 months!
I would highly recommend Adolescent Dogs and I am still in contact with them today for some follow-up training when I go away.