Very Lucky

ShearPassion's review of The Bridge Centre, Basingstoke

“Very Lucky”

Written on: 17/10/2019 by ShearPassion (1 review written)

I was extremely very lucky to get under the support of the bridge centre in basingstoke via NHS funding.

I have reoccurrent depression & have really been struggling these past couple of months.

I have just completed my 2nd session of CBT group therapy & am extremely grateful for the help & all the "tools" I'm being given to make life a lot less difficult & dull than it currently is.

The only thing that I'm not happy about is that I have now seen 2 different Doctors/psychiatrists instead of being under & seeing the same one every time, which I thought would have been the case the very 1st time I attended but unfortunately it was not.

Not many people find it easy/ let alone want to & have to explain (every time the doctor/psychiatrist changes) to numerous doctors/psychiatrists the reason as to why they are there & I am one of them.

I would really like & appreciate it if I was given only 1 Doctor/psychiatrist that I could stick with & that I will be guaranteed to see every time I have an appointment there as having to start over again each time they're different, as to why I am under the Bridge Centre & all the difficulties I am having in life, I really don't like doing.

I find it fairly difficult to open up as it is & have always bottled up my problems so far for 34 years, so having to start over and over again explaining why I'm such a mess & can't deal with all the stress, heartache & rubbish I have in my life to a different person each time I have an appointment really is frustrating.

On the other hand it is nice to know that I am under the best place in Basingstoke to help me, instead of being stuck with awful I-Talk who really don't know their butt cheeks from their faces, let alone be experienced enough to help people with serious mental health problems & that's after you've been on their waiting list for almost 2 years!!

With the CBT group therapy I am currently doing once a week for 6 weeks, it is really nice that it's only a small group with 6 of us including myself, so it's not so scary & uncomfortable when you have to speak and it is also very comforting to know that you are not alone in your battles, that we are all somewhat in the same boat & are there for one another if needed.