Great, simple & solid deck

From 1 review

mikereviewer's review of Planar P2

“Great, simple and solid deck”

Written on: 29/06/2018 by mikereviewer (0 reviews written)

I was bought this deck for Christmas. Initially, I was disappointed by the lack of 33 1/3 to 45 RPM switch. It's a direct drive via a pulley, so to move speeds you have to remove the turntable and slip the drive belt over the different drive wheels. However, I hardly ever play 45 rpm discs, so actually, it's not been a real-world problem for me.

The build quality is superb, it is solid so doesn't jump at high volumes so tracking is awesome and I can't recommend this deck highly enough. Would I pay the extra for a speed switch? Probably not - I'll save my money for a new cartridge and more albums!

• Channels

Number of channels

Sovka11's Response to mikereviewer's Review

Written on: 26/02/2019

You scold absolutely for nothing this deck. It is intended to play music at measured parties on the ship. If you need something faster for a regular club, you should have immediately bought another device.

Maserlin's Response to mikereviewer's Review

Written on: 18/06/2019

I have an old Planar3 - love it. It's 36 years old and as good as new!