Horrible customer service

Guest's review of Direct TV Service www.directv.com

“Horrible customer service”

Written on: 05/01/2020

I had contacted Directv back in June when I lost my job. I was planning to cancel my subscription, but they kept working with me to lower the price when I explained that we were only going to be living off my hubbys disability check (which isn't much). I finally agreed to keep Direct when they got it to a price I could afford. I was then gone for quite a few months and had my grand-daughter making the payments for me. When I arrived back home, I found a disconnected service, and a 200.00 + bill. I went online then (I had no service while I was gone) and found that they had raised the price over 60.00 per month while I was gone. I went on their website, and jumped on their chat option. Well Agent was very rude, told me there was nothing they could do, and that I should just cancel service (although I would still be responsible for the 200.00 + bill). I then went thru facebook, and an agent told me to PM them to help me. I messaged them, explained the situation, and was told to give them a little bit to review my account. That was almost 5 hours ago, and they are not answering me when I ask if they are still there. TERRIBLE customer service, and I'm so disappointed that they would take advantage of an older couple since they knew the circumstances and that it was THEIR idea to keep me as a customer, and THEY came up with the new pricing. I feel as if we were set up, and I wonder how many other people they do this to!

• Over 1 Year