just what I was looking for!

markanderson's review of Apple TV

“just what I was looking for!”

Written on: 25/07/2012 by markanderson (2 reviews written)

I've recently bought several (well 3) "smart tv" boxes.

The first was a Sony SMP-N100 - great quality and has more features than apple tv, e.g. audio out and more services including bbc iplayer, but it didn't have netflix, only lovefilm and sony entertainment network.

The second was a philips HMP2000 - which is just dire, it had netflix but after day 2 the remote was already broken, its slow, shabby and a poor product.

Then I found apple tv - nice looking product, lovely remote, and it has itunes, a movies section for the latest releases, netflix (which is great and good value for money), and also vimeo (which I love).

I honestly wish I'd bought the apple tv box first and saved myself a couple of hundred - it's a great all-rounder, the only thing missing in my opinion is support for iplayer and the other British on demand services.

General note: the sony has more features, and the new films are cheaper + play faster via sony entertainment network than they do via "apply movies".

• 1 - 6 Months