Easy to use, helpful calorie counting app

Stripeyjo's review of Nutracheck - www.nutracheck.co.uk

“Easy to use, helpful calorie counting app”

Written on: 06/08/2021 by Stripeyjo (1 review written)

I find the Nutracheck app very easy to use. I appreciate the way it remembers my foods and I only need to type a few characters of a food for it to bring up a picture of it. I also use the bar code scanner. It has a huge range of items in its database from all the UK supermarkets. I rarely use the favourites list as it is so quick to search for each food. I like the copy and edit functions to move a food to another day if you have the same thing again.
I like the macro trackers and frequently use them to track my salt and fibre intake and I can see which specific foods are higher in, for example, salt, so I can choose to reduce them if necessary.
Possible room for improvement : I can't see a way to enter a food and an estimated calorie value without putting weights of ingredients in, if I had something not in the database and want to guess an amount/calorie total. Therefore if I don't know the ingredients and calorie values of something, eg. a homemade meal, it doesn't go in and my day and week totals are incomplete.