Excellent Diet Monitoring Resource

Guest's review of Nutracheck - www.nutracheck.co.uk

“Excellent Diet Monitoring Resource”

Written on: 20/04/2021

I'm using Nutracheck to lose weight for the second time. I lost half a stone the first time and following a high blood pressure diagnosis, I decided to lose weight again to improve my overall health. I've lost 9 pounds so far this time and progress continues to be slow, but steady.
Nutracheck is focused on providing accurate calorie/nutritional information on just about anything food or drink product that you can buy. You can set up your profile to lose, maintain or gain weight according to your own particular objectives. I use the daily diary mostly on my laptop to track what I eat with the focus on calories and salt. There is the option to share your weight with other users and within the "group" you can like or comment on others' progress, but I log my weight privately. I don't need that type of support and using Nutracheck without engaging in the group works perfectly for me.
Adding items that I've eaten to the daily diary is very easy and the search function works in real time as you type into the search box; you don't need to type in the full name and then search, results are displayed as soon as you have entered enough of the product name which makes searching fast and efficient. The matches for your product are displayed with photos of the product so you can be confident that you are selecting the correct product. Once you have identified the product, you are given the option to select the quantity you've consumed from a list, the choices include half, quarter etc. (for a medium apple for example), weight (for dried or cooked pasta) and also parts of a pack as sold - harder to describe than to use! If you eat similar things on most days, you can copy multiple items from one day to another or to multiple days. All the usual choices are there to deleted and edit entries in case you make a mistake or need to change an entry in another way.
Each day has breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack sections (all displayed on one page) so that you can see a calorie total for each meal.
I particularly like that you can save recipes for meals that you cook. The process is simple, give the recipe a title, say what meal type it is for and how many servings it makes and then just add the ingredients. Recipes are stored and it's easy to add a serving to the daily diary.
I've only found a couple of negatives, but they are minor for me. Sometimes it's not clear what 'one serving' is for some products - more definition (weight or proportion of the whole pack) would be helpful. In these cases I just check the actual packaging and then enter the weight of product I've consumed. When I come to start a new day, I use the go forward one day arrow and the application jumps two days, maybe the software knows it's a new day and I should just refresh the screen - uses the arrow probably works as it should, but I've entered items on the wrong day a few times before I spotted how the software was working. No other show stoppers though, quick easy and responsive to use.
I have told a couple of friends about it (I've also told them about the poor 'similar' product offering from one of the big name World Slimming companies) as it is the best product database driven programs around. Does what it says, quietly and efficiently. If you would like a lot of online support and want a community in which to track your weight or health, this may not satisfy you, but if you want accurate calorie information, that's easy to access for a sensible price this is probably for you. If you're interested check out the details on line, I've covered only the bits that I use regularly in this review and there's probably a lot that I don't engage with.