The perfect companion.

PostApocalypseMatt's review of Nutracheck - www.nutracheck.co.uk

“The perfect companion.”

Written on: 05/04/2021 by PostApocalypseMatt (1 review written)

I’ve been using this Nutracheck app for a week and it is perfect. It’s quite in-depth and fits my lifestyle perfectly. I was originally going to join a weight loss program like slimming world to try and shift some of this post apocalyptic weight but I saw this app on google and thought, I’ll give it a try and see what it can do before committing to something else.

You set up quite an in-depth profile outlining your general activity, current weight and where you want to be in however long, with recommendations. It’s easy to set unrealistic goals and this app helps not do that!

So, once it’s all set up you’ll get to the diary, and this is where you’ll spend most of your time. It’s got tabs for each meal of the day, water counter, alcohol counter if you need it, 5-a-day counter(my favourite bit) and a total calories counter so you know what you’ve eaten, and how much you’ve got to spend, if you want to. Also, when you set your target, it’ll set you a total calories per day in the diary which is what the counters work from so no maths is needed!

My favourite bit, the 5-a-day counter is really good. I make a lot of homemade meals so I’ll add in the ingredients individually so I get a more accurate calorie count, but the best bit is, if you’ve got fruit or veg in your ingredients it will automatically add it to your 5-a-day for whatever it’s worth. Before this I found it really hard to keep track of my fruit and veg but now it’s done like magic.

My second favourite bit is the exercise tab. Done an intense workout?, just search in the different exercises and it’ll give you the calories you’ve spent, which is then reflected in the diary.

So I’ve used this app for a whole week and lost 7lb, I can’t see myself getting rid of this app anytime soon!

Too long;didn’t read
5 star must have application. Very convenient, easy to read, in-depth. Use it to lose weight, measure your workouts, just monitor your food.
My only flaw with it is it isn’t obvious that it's a week trial from day one. I could of just missed that so I won’t discredit it.

Side note, you can subscribe to just the app if you don’t use the web often and they have good offers on it too.