I was doubtful......

Frank12321's review of Nutracheck - www.nutracheck.co.uk

“I was doubtful......”

Written on: 20/02/2020 by Frank12321 (1 review written)

Let me be clear, I HATE apps with annual subscriptions. Pay once, over and done with, that’s my philosophy. However, late last year, I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, and was looking for an app that could track a low carb diet as well as a normal weight loss one. I also needed something that was easy to use, because I knew that if it was too complicated, I wouldn’t bother with it.

The thing with Nutracheck is, it has a scanner, so you just scan the barcode of whatever you are thinking of buying - and here’s the great bit - in the supermarket so you can tell the best thing for you nutritionally before you even put it in your basket!

You can also save what you eat as favourites, meals etc, so if you find you’re having the same thing a week later, you don’t have to look it up again, you just click on it.

The downside is, it’s not cheap. However, when my subscription is up in a year, I will definitely be paying to renew. The reason is, it works. I have lost 19 lbs in 15 weeks, and my blood glucose is down 10 points. This would not have happened if I had not used some sort of a tracker. Maybe an alternative would have been just as good, but I’m sticking to what works for me.