Encouraging app to keep you going

crispyoakleaf's review of Nutracheck - www.nutracheck.co.uk

“Encouraging app to keep you going”

Written on: 29/05/2019 by crispyoakleaf (1 review written)

I find the app helpful mainly just to track calories. The main bemefit is that it has encouraged me to keep going by providing a useful record leeping platform. The database of foods is comprehensive and the bar code reader makes recording food much quicker. I'm following the 5:2 diet based on Michael Mosley's book Fast 800. The app does have a 5:2 plan built in but it is fixed to 600 calories on Fast days rather than the more manageable 800 now recommended. Not too much bother though, I just keep track of my calorie intake, particularly on Fast days. The app subtracts exercise calories burnt and gives a balance and 'calories remaining' for the daily target. I guess you could therefore eat more on days when you burn more. However I find that the app does set rather too many calories on the non fast days (2700 for me, a male). If I actually ate that much, I would gain too much weight! As it is I gain weight during the non fast days and lose it rapidly for the 2 fast days. On balance I am slowly losing it and have lost 1 stone over about a month. Started at 13 stone 5 lbs and now 12 stone 6 lbs and aiming for 12 stone target. I do a couple of days swim training a week plus gardening, so that helps!