It Works For Me!

Kenya382's review of Nutracheck - www.nutracheck.co.uk

“It Works For Me!”

Written on: 30/04/2019 by Kenya382 (1 review written)

I have been using the Nutracheck app for a few weeks now and have shifted half a stone. I'm at the point where I don't have a lot left to lose, so I need the control that calorie counting gives me to make sure I keep losing.

This app works brilliantly so long as you are honest and log everything you eat (no sneaking a bit of bread or nibbling on leftovers, unless you log it - otherwise you undo all your good work!). It is also a great way of teaching you what an average portion should look like. I now weight all my food as I plate up and have been shocked to see how small a normal portion of rice or pasta is - no wonder I was starting to look like Ten Tonne Tessie!

I like to cook from scratch so I especially like the fact that you can add your own meals and store them for future reference, along with the calorie value per serving. It would be helpful to know the calorie value per weight for meals you add yourself but that might be asking too much!

I would certainly recommend this app to friends - indeed I already have! If you decide to buy it, invest in a cheap pedometer as well so you can accurately count your steps and keep track of calories you earn through exercise. The Apple health app, which I link to, isn't an accurate step measure, unless your phone is always in your pocket.