Handy tracker with lots of saved foods

Guest's review of Nutracheck - www.nutracheck.co.uk

“Handy tracker with lots of saved foods”

Written on: 22/09/2018

I am using this app alongside loosely following Slimming World (using an old membership pack, not attending meeting or paying their fees). It’s been really helpful in helping me understand exactly what I am eating, and tempering the free foods allowed by SW by providing a reality check as to how many calories I am consuming each day. The exercise diary is good, I should probably use it more! The motivation emails and rosettes are keeping me on track. Adding in my own recipes has really simplified my diarising efforts. Adding a new scanned food, which I have had to do twice, is straight forward enough.

The nutrition interfaces with the health app on my iPhone, but the weigh in’s and measurements do not- I think this is something that could be improved but as I am only doing waist measurement and weigh in, it hasn’t beeen too much of a burden. The addition of a notes area each day would be an excellent addition as well and would help us to recall why we might’ve eaten what on which day. I do find that, nearly five weeks into using the app, I am relying on it more than the SW philosophy as I’ve lost a stone during that time by sticking to the calorie levels prescribed by the app and not looking so much at free foods and Syns.