NutraCheck calorie counter - Perfect for me!

Turner295's review of Nutracheck - www.nutracheck.co.uk

“NutraCheck calorie counter - Perfect for me!”

Written on: 31/08/2018 by Turner295 (1 review written)

I had been putting weight on steadily since my 20s - I’m now in my late 40s. In my early 20s I lost weight easily by cutting out puddings and doing 1 - yes just 1 - dance class a week. But you change with age, going through pregnancy etc and the weight kept creeping upwards.
I tried the popular group methods and was frustrated when even their strictest regimes didn’t work for me. I have a slightly rebellious mindset so decided for a good eight years that I wasn’t going to buy into the diet economy. But for health reasons, the time came when that wouldn’t wash any more.
So I decided to go back to the basic principles of “calories in, calories out” and calorie count rather than follow a diet that told me what I could eat. I looked around for an app that would help and found this one. It’s absolutely perfect for my needs. It is straightforward to use, doesn’t take ages to set up and allows you to set the pace. I know I am not good at denying myself what I want, so I set a target to lose weight slowly but steadily. What I love about this approach is that I can eat and drink whatever I want, and the app just counts the calories for me, showing how many I have left in my allowance that day. If I go over, I know that I probably won’t lose as much as I should that week / month. And that’s down to me. But it’s private - no public discussion of what I eat, no food combining or I can only have kit kats on days with a R in them. And for me, it’s working. Today (31/8/18) I weigh 1 stone 9lbs less than I did on 6th December 2017.