Rude Staff

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Cloudburst's review of Matalan

“Rude Staff”

Written on: 21/09/2021 by Cloudburst (1 review written)

Today I returned a pack of socks which I had bought for my son two days ago to Erith Matalan. The reason for the return was that the socks were labelled as size 9-12 but looked like size 6 when I took one from the packet. The member of staff who served me gave me a lecture about how they wouldn't normally give a refund for socks but would do so as a "goodwill gesture".

Given that there is clearly something wrong with the sizing of the socks (5PK TWIST COMFORT SOCK 6211727000028) I do not see why getting a refund on this product should be classed as an act of so called goodwill.

As I walked away, 2 further members of staff said loudly to the woman who had served me, 'so you've had your lecture then' as a reference to what I had said, when it was I who had received the lecture. I did not challenge them about this remark because I did not wish to prolong this unpleasant experience.

I'd like to add that I normally find the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Erith