Abysmal Customer Service

• Layout of shop

stumack404's review of John Lewis

“Abysmal Customer Service”

written by stumack404 on 23/11/2019

Abysmal Customer Service - Selling Products not fit for purpose.
The following e mail sent to John Lewis explains all and yes, they are refusing to give me my money back.
Do not deal with this company. you only find out what organisations are like when there is an issue. You have been warned.

I purchased the Hoover DXC9TCEB/80 from John Lewis. At the point of purchase I paid £299 plus delivery & installation.

The Hoover DXC9TCEB/80 is unfit for purpose. The tumble Dryer was delivered on Thursday 14th Nov 2019. The packaging was removed and disposed of by the John Lewis delivery team The old dryer was removed and the new dryer was positioned by them. The dryer was first operated the next day and found to be faulty. When the dryer operates, a loud repetitive thud noise comes from the drum area. This noise happens with a full, part or empty load. Also, when the drum is moved around manually, the same noise is heard. Almost, assuredly a faulty bearing. This fault has been relayed today to John Lewis customer services via telephone, with the first person spoken to being very helpful. At this stage I was happy to accept a replacement dryer of the same make and model, or similar to get things resolved as quickly as possible. However, following the abysmal experience I received with one of the engineers in the technical support department. I decided to ask for a refund. Unfortunately, the engineer was far from helpful and extremely argumentative. The exact opposite of what you would expect from a customer services experience - particularly from a supposedly reputable company such as yourselves..

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with John Lewis that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

As you are in breach of contract and I've owned the product for less than 30 days I am within my statutory rights to ask for a full refund of the original cost paid.

AS YET NO REFUND OR CONTACT FROM JOHN LEWIS. MY NEXT STEP WILL BE TRADING STANDARD AND THEN TO THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT.

• Quality of service