Asda Cafe - Kendal

• Quality of service

BrenI's review of Asda Cafe

“Asda Cafe - Kendal”

Written on: 26/03/2017 by BrenI (1 review written)

Arrived just before 2pm (open til 4) and decided to order 2 jacket potatoes. I fancied the sound of Chicken & bacon - but this filling was not available and apparently never had been along with other items on the menu - so the girl serving was quick to point out. 'I don't know why its on there at all'. So we decided to go for a couple of Jackets with cheese and beans.

Were then sent to the till and we ordered a couple of coffees. This came to £12.90 (not cheap by supermarket cafe standards) but they were unable to take card apparently 'there's a note as you come in in you read it' so my partner traipsed off to the cash machine to obtain the necessary cash.

In the meanwhile I was advised 'there's only one jacket potato' no apology no alternative so as my partner wasn't there I said ok we will just have the coffee. A scowl and tut had me advising them that they could keep the coffee as well!

I don't think I have ever had such appalling service at a cafe, the Attitude was just the icing on the cake! Poor management with poor signs and no service. Asda lost the shop i would have done afterwards and I will not use the cafe again

Following this debacle we went into Kendal town cetre and ordered the same items which cost £8.90 (more than £4 less than Asda), Excellent coffee and service with a smile. I know where I will be going for lunch first next time!!

• British

Food Type

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• Several times a month

How often do you eat here?

• Casual

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

Oliverparkin's Response to BrenI's Review

Written on: 24/04/2018

I am that who you claim to be so horrible. So lets get one thing straight. You on a cow that you stole, your in cow pats and you smelt smelly. You know that smelly smell. I should've chased you away with a broom but i thought you could've been a gypsy so i let you in. The Chicken and bacon is gross so why would i let you have it. hashtag cheese and beans istheonlyoption.