Not widely accepted.

James1020304's review of Barclays Debit Card

“Not widely accepted.”

Written on: 05/07/2013 by James1020304 (1 review written)

I have a Barclays Business Debit card, and I use it for various things such as filling the car with fuel. It really is a hit and miss experience now with Barclays. I don't know from garage to garage which one will accept my card, and which ones will not. It happens now at shops quite a lot. You hand over your card to pay for something, and you're greeted with, "Sorry - we don't accept business debit cards." Not something you expect to hear while purchasing office supplies! I've tried contacting Barclays to ask why this is - you invariably are put through to India, where they struggle to understand you, and you they, and each time I'm given completely useless information, yet no direct answer as to why my card is not accepted at a growing number of retail outlets. Pretty poor service in my opinion, and I'm now searching for a better alternative to Barclays.

• Multi function