Slow (and pointless!) Dating

• Ease Of Navigation

Guest's review of Slow Dating www.slowdating.com

“Slow (and pointless!) Dating”

Written on: 29/11/2011

As a long term singleton who has completely hit a brick wall on the internet dating scene I opted to give speed dating a try.

Living in the North West region of England, the choice of speed dating events appears to be quite limited. Most take place in Manchester or Liverpool and I live roughly inbetween these two great cities. As of late 2011 there are only three speed dating companies that seem to actively operate in the North West. One of them is Slow Dating. Their name derives from the fact they allow each person four minutes speed dating experience rather than the standard three minutes.

Now I have been on about three Slow Dating events in the last two years (two in Manchester and one in Liverpool). The price of each event varies but for the sake of argument we'll say it's around the £20 mark. The events I attended were on either a Wednesday night or a Thursday night in a trendy bar. One plus factor of Slow Dating is that each person has to create a profile of themselves with their contact details (e-mail and/or contact number) then the object is to log on to their site after the event (usually the day after) and select your matches. My point is - you do it yourself and are not relying on another person to do it.

Anyway let me move on to the matter in hand. My experience of Slow Dating has been utterly disappointing. The Liverpool event I attended in the summer was a complete waste of time (and petrol in my case!). The event consisted of eight women and eleven men (including yours truly!) in the 20s and 30s age range (I am 31 so therefore around the mid way point). Not only was the turn out poor - I only liked one of the women there.

Unfortunately Slow Dating does not offer a refund or the chance of attending an alternative event so I was really scuppered. Anyway I felt obliged to log on to the Slow Dating site the day after and select my 'yes & no' ticks against each profile. I only ticked yes for the girl I liked and guess what - the girl in question didn't tick me herself! So I had NO MATCHES! What a s****r?

My experience of the two Manchester events was similar although in one case I did match with a young lady from Bury who then failed to reply to my text message I sent her! Great!

Sadly as one of life's optimists - I feel speed dating is perhaps no better than internet dating. I have attended other events by other speed dating companies and been left with sheer disappointment when obtaining the 'results'!

As I have highlighted in other reviews - I am not bad looking (I don't consider this to be a vain statement!), I am 6', slim build, with all my own hair and teeth, my own car and I own my own house. Maybe I am doing something wrong here that I am oblivious to - but if anyone has any advice on success in the world of speed/internet dating then please feel free to share it with me!

• Ease Of Navigation

Boltonboy's Comment

Written on: 27/08/2012

It is hardly slow dating's fault no-one matched with you - or the girl in Bury didnt get in touch with you. Don't blame the event organiser - slow dating did their job. it is not their fault speed dating is not for you - or as you say "I have attended other events by other speed dating companies and been left with sheer disappointment when obtaining the 'results'!"