Email hacking

• Ease Of Navigation

Guest's review of Ok Cupid - www.okcupid.com

“Email hacking”

Written on: 16/02/2013

I signed up and stupidly used my main email account (which even more stupidly, had the same password) and within a few hours, my email account was hacked into and a dodgy email was sent to all my contacts - including ex-boyfriends who I never wanted to contact again.... I know it was down to OK CUPID

Suffice to say, I have now changed all passwords and learnt a valuable lesson.

If you are going to sign up, dont use your main email account which has all your contacts in - set up a separate one and use that and for heavens sake, DO NOT USE THE SAME PASSWORD THAT YOU USE FOR ALL YOUR OTHER WEB SITES. Yes, I know it is tempting to use the same one for everything so you don't forget it but that just makes it easy for someone to get into your account.

I havent really bothered with the site although I used it a few years ago. Got loads of strange messages from people who lived in the States and ones from people who appeared to be totally illiterate and/or appeared to be only after one thing! I dare say, there are a few decent, genuine people on there but they are obviously well hidden!

The only positive - it is totally free and the website is quite well designed

• Ease Of Navigation