My spectacular Greek adventure

RowenaSh's review of Running on Waves - www.running-on-waves.com

“My spectacular Greek adventure”

Written on: 25/01/2019 by RowenaSh (1 review written)

It was a dear friend's BD celebration, and so he rented the whole boat for a week to cruise in the Aegean. I believe there has been no other week in my life when my eyes saw that much beauty at a time, for whether I was looking from her board at the islands we sailed by, or at the ship from a tender or from a pier, it was similalry stunning, a two-way admiration.The boat was so elegant, especially under sail, I could not keep emotions at bay. And the officers in snow white uniform, I would have fallen in love but had not been able not choose whom with:-) Stupid me. I had a cabin at the lower deck, it was slightly smaller than those at the upper deck, but very comfortable and all I needed was in place.It was exciting to see ripples right beneath the porthole and hear them flap at the hull, though we spent little time in the cabins, but mostly on the sun deck by the jacuzzi, or swimming and water skiing (those of us at least who did not prefer drinking cocktails all day long), and we tried to dine on the deck every time it was not too windy. Food and wines were fine, and the chef skillfull and amiable, though the friend told me he had the menu made up and provision ordered for this event specifically. And there was another island every day.I loved the postcard Santorini most, though places like Paros are extremely charming too. As we did not take any tours, it was just wandering lazily along those old streets and peeping into shops.And then back to my glass of brut at sunset.I can truly think of nothing as romantic as this voyage. My love and thanks to all Crew!!!