Beware will destroy your credit

• Customer service

sheriefischer's review of Barclaycard Visa

“Beware will destroy your credit ”

Written on: 30/11/2020 by sheriefischer (1 review written)

The worst company ever! I had my credit card with them for over 10 years... My credit limit was 10,000. I was never late on any payments for over 147 months and they cancelled my credit card with no notice or reason why! The results of them canceling my card has lower my credit score over 120 points. Don't give them the chance to destroy your credit too!!

• Customer service

Daddio.'s Response to sheriefischer's Review

Written on: 31/05/2021

Surprised that this latest review is dated as long ago as 30/11/2020!
At 31/05/2021. As a client for over 50yrs, Barclaycard has become simply NOT fit for Domestic purpose.
Recent example. Attempting to complete a regular Supermarket transaction. Culminated with. Unable to complete transaction without an additional code Contact BC!
Next 2hrs. Online and landline telephone, attempting to resolve. Insertion of 6 Layers of PIN and other personal security details, waded through 3 times. Each explaining the situation.
Nothing related, appearing on the convoluted WEB page. Ultimately a telephone call from someone bereft of the English language and unlikely able to count to 10!
Kept on telephone line 35mins ["I am checking your account"] Including my Barclays 'Bank' account, held for the best part of 60yrs with regular transactions.
Telephone battery going flat. No resolution.
Experience and not the first. Clearly application of "Deliberate Client Fatigue". Appalling and least expected from such a long established Banking Institution.