Help!!! CreditSafe.

Vikit's review of Credit Safe www.creditsafeuk.com

“Help!!! CreditSafe.”

Written on: 13/05/2021 by Vikit (1 review written)

Hi, maybe anyone was in similar situation and can help me. Yesterday I just wanted to check credit score one of my suppliers, and found Creditsafe via Google. To view one off report I was asked to enter my details and that I will be granted one time username and password, which I thought will be sent to me by email. But just 5 min later I received phone call from one of their staff giving me username and password so I could do my search. Then that person started explaining about their services and asked me if I would be interested to sign up for £1800 a year so she can send me email with full description of services. So I said ok and thought that it feels quite expensive for me as I only do 1-2 searches a year. So after confirming my details we hung the phone, and few hours later I received order for £3600 2 year subscription followed by invoices, instead of expected product information packs. I replied to their email straight away stating following: "Hi [name], I am really sorry, but I think I misunderstood when talking to creditsafe on the phone. I thought I was going to be sent product package for me to review and decide if it’s something I need for my company, but instead I have received order confirmation. I gave it some thoughts and decided that my company is too small and not changing clients or suppliers to often, so I believe it will be to high price for us to pay and only use your service a few times a year. So please treat this email as cancellation of any subscription or agreement (if there is any)." And also I have sent similar email to their Helpdesk.

This morning I received call from them again saying that entered into agreement with them over the phone the I told them that I was interested in their services. I told her that in that case it was huge misrepresentation from their side, but if it happened I believe that I have a consumer right to cancel any service or product within period stated in T&C's. I have read their T&C's start to end, and found that there is nothing about cancellation or cooling off period at all, but I found that you entering the agreement by signing Agreement or by setting up your account and logging in. So I didn't do either. And when I told it to the person on the phone this morning, she just ignored it and said all she can do is reduce premium from £1800 to £1200 a year, but I refused and only asked to cancel whatever they set up for me without my written consent, so she ignored me again and said she can reduce premium to £400/year. I told her that all I want is confirmation that I don't have any subscription with them, on what she said she can't help me then. I believe that is ridiculous, and selling their service in such disgraceful persuasive way without giving you time to do some research on them.
I have contacted Citizen advise and business line, and reporting to actionfraud police department as well. So they advise me that my solicitor send them letter stating braking of misrepresentation act 1967 and do Subject Access Request and also use ADR scheme. But from what I see, I am now entering into long process where I have to spend my time and money, trying to fight something I never signed for. I am running small business all by myself which requires huge time investment where you actually sacrificing all your quality family time. And now this company is taking my time from me and it makes me so frustrated. Is there no any other simpler way or no low to protect us as consumers?

• Credit Report