AWFUL - Be careful

elliebardwell's review of Sykes Cottages www.sykescottages.co.uk

“AWFUL - Be careful”

Written on: 02/12/2021 by elliebardwell (1 review written)

AWFUL experience, they double booked my holiday which was their mistake, offered me no help in coming up with a solution. I spent an entire day out of work trying to re-book a holiday for 4 adults and when successful I was told I wouldn't get my refund with them until the cottage owner had returned the funds to Sykes.
I had to complain to get a refund for a holiday THEY double booked!
I then asked for compensation because the new cottage I had managed to find in the same location was double the price ( it was the cheapest I could find and staying somewhere else wasn’t an option due to activities and restaurants etc etc we had booked for our holiday )
They replied with the following:

Hi
I hope you are well and keeping safe.
I understand following the booking dates error, we have now resolved this matter accordingly with a refund and you have located an alternative property for your dates.
I'm pleased to hear this is the case. Reviewing the notes, it is stated that you wanted to discuss this further in terms of compensation for the inconvenience.
I'm incredibly sorry to confirm that we are only able to refund you in full for the booking of which has been processed accordingly.
We can only apologise for any upset this may have caused.
Kind regards,
The Customer Relations Team

FOLLOWED BY THIS WHEN I ASKED TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER:

Hi
Following on from our conversation I have requested a callback from a manager and explained why, who has responded by saying that as the case has been resolved and closed and a refund issued, they wouldn't want to waste your time by calling to discuss something that isn't going to change.
Kind regards

DELIGHTFUL They have decided they don't care and won’t even do me the decency of calling me to talk through their decision. I spoke on two occasions who was rude, antagonistic and made me feel like I was worthless.

looking at other reviews out there they seem to deliver a great service most of the time but when they make a mistake they are rude, cut you off and refuse to offer any kind of compensation followed by ignoring you.

BOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK