NO GAS CERTIFICATE

Palomar129's review of Sykes Cottages www.sykescottages.co.uk

“NO GAS CERTIFICATE”

Written on: 17/09/2021 by Palomar129 (1 review written)

We went on a Sykes cottage holiday to South Lakeland Leisure Village, which is a lovely place but unfortunately not the same could be said about the accommodation. We stayed in a hut called the MULBERRY. We had gaps under the french doors big enough for a small animal plus no curtains over them so we had to put a blanket up. The decor was to be polite shabby and made worse by throws used to disguise the fact it was beyond vintage. The free wifi was none existent so after numerous telephone calls we gave up and had to talk and entertain our selves not easy with teens. Staines here there and everywhere some more disgusting than others. But my point for this review is the boiler was constantly playing up(cutting out, not heating water etc) so on a daily basis we had to reset it, it wasn't until the third day we realised the boilers gas certificate was about to expired half way through our holiday and for this reason we decided to leave. No way was I risking my families lives and nor should I be expected to. But 1 year on and still Sykes cottages or the owner have done nothing to resolve the matter. It's all about profit and not peoples wellbeing.