Debbies Villas - Failure to refund cost of Villa rental

Lawrencel234's review of Debbie's Villas www.debbiesvillas.co.uk

“Debbies Villas - Failure to refund cost of Villa rental ”

Written on: 23/05/2020 by Lawrencel234 (1 review written)

I've just read a comment written by someone else who has fallen foul of Debbies Villas failure to refund villa accommodation costs.
I had a similar reply from Debbies Villas when I asked for a refund when my holiday was cancelled due to flight cancellations and travel bans that are completely beyond my control. Whilst I do have insurance, there would be an excess charge on my policy of £300, and I'm not at all happy about losing this amount when all my other outlays for my 'holiday' have been refunded in FULL.
It's only Debbies Villas who have refused to refund my £2,000 plus that I have paid for my villa.
We have used DV's many times over the years, and whilst they have been helpfull and supportive when we have encountered other issues, they are totally refusing to help when it comes to refunding my money.
The Competition Marketing Authority (CMA) have stated that all compaines should be refunding money that has been paid for goods and services that customers have lost due to the pandemic, so I suggest that anyone in this position reports these companies to the CMA via their website, and then ask your credit card company to ask for a chargeback, before meekly giving in and claiming from your travel insurance.
It's all about principal at the end of the day, and companies such as Debbies Villas should do the morally correct thing and give us back our hard earned cash.