Uninterested Customer Service

Honest100's review of Airbnb - www.airbnb.co.uk

“Uninterested Customer Service”

Written on: 16/05/2016 by Honest100 (2 reviews written)

I contacted a host promoted on the Airbnb website uk. Now approaching two weeks I have not heard back from this person, the required dates were available at the time. On contacting customer service to complain about this, basically their response was that it was my fault and I should book another place and cancel at the last minute in case the other person does not respond even though this is a host that Airbnb are promoting on their website. I was not allowed to leave a reply as you may only do so if you have booked somewhere and the host has not upheld the booking or you have actually stayed there so there may be many others like myself that have been ignored by this host but haven't been able to alert others to their conduct. This was dealt with very badly by customer service,a very disappointing experience which I now see on the web is echoed by many.
This service is very poorly managed which is a shame as the idea is good but hosts don't appear to be checked and/or presented honestly to the public! It should not be called Airbnb but 'Pot Luck'