Worst Customer Experience for ages

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

JGFL's review of Western Computer www.western.co.uk

“Worst Customer Experience for ages ”

Written on: 23/06/2022 by JGFL (1 review written)

After calling their central support , I was advised to take my iMac to the store for the staff to assess. they would run diagnostics ( for a cost) and then be able to specify all hardware / software issues and fixes required. No need to book just roll up. So I did .

The staff had a completely different story to the service line. No diagnostics offered , the staff member said I needed a new hard drive without so much as turning the machine on. The store were not interested in even looking into the problem. They said that their 'support line' that I had called were useless and "did not know what they were talking about". When I asked if the hard drive replacement ( a week in the shop btw) would be reversed if it did not fix the issues , I was told no , there are no guarantees.

I suggested that they needed to look at sorting themselves out, as a result of bad advice , and the lack of any real interest in looking into my problems , I had wasted considerable time and money. I left the store as a "never to be customer" .

Some 'manager' fellow who had materialised from a back room but not participated in the conversation then followed me out of the store saying things like "If you don't want to be a customer get out of my store" and " you are abusing my staff". I had simply expressed my displeasure at their approach , and suggested they get their act together so other people did not waste time and money coming to their shop under false pretences.

Once at the door the "manager ( loose term)" tried to close the door in my face. Once I stopped that , I asked for his name , which as he was so polite and customer focused he refused to divulge.

Truly one of the worst customer service experiences of recent times.

My advice to anyone considering taking any business to Western Computers , particularly the Leamington Spa branch, should think again.

• leamington spa