Dreadful after service

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Fatbloke11's review of Western Computer www.western.co.uk

“Dreadful after service ”

Written on: 13/01/2020 by Fatbloke11 (73 reviews written)

I’ve been a customer of Western Computers for a long time- not quite sure how many years. I have purchased a few big ticket items from them.My last big purchase was an IMAC. The problems started soon after I got the machine home.
I don’t do any heavy processing on my computers, just email, Word and Excel really so the machine should run fast, it’s an Apple after all and that’s why I bought it (plus it looks good).

It started with any applications being slow wether they were Apple or others, I would get the wheel of death and as an example opening a Word document could take up to several minutes. Opening photos was touch and go as to if they would open at all.
I followed the process and went direct to Apple support- who spent hours on the phone with me, we did everything you can imagine including reformatting the hard drive- they recommended that I purchase a time capsule (I did) so I could back up my data. Even backing up to it took over a day- and yes I had hardly anything on the machine. Anyway computers aren’t my life and whilst this was an expensive inconvenience I almost gave up trying to get it fixed. Anyway I took my machine back to Western who claimed they could not find a fault after 7 days of testing. I took the IMAC to an Apple repair shop who diagnosed the fault as a faulty hard drive- replaced it and now my machine works like a dream.

I am taking Western through the small claims court. I have discovered two friends with the same IMAC and the same issue so will be helping them get the issue sorted. Also it’s worth noting that Western tell you in the shop that they offer a two year warranty that is exactly the same as Apples first year- this is not true they don’t cover hard drives but they won’t tell you this when you go to buy one.

The Sales Director that has been in contact with me is very rude and unhelpful, he also didn’t turn up for an agreed time for the small claims mediation service.

I have submitted a SAR’s request to Western and they don’t seem to have half the purchases that I have made or do they think that information in regards to my small court claim should/is part of the SAR’s request- will update how I get on.

• Cheltenham