Really helpful advice & polite service

From 1 review
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

timmytank's review of Metacube, Surbiton

“Really helpful advice and polite service”

Written on: 30/11/2011 by timmytank (80 reviews written)

I recently popped into Metacube for the first time as I needed a new battery charger for my laptop. I took the old charger into the shop and the sales assistant (who appeared to be the owner) checked each point of the charger and lead with a voltmeter. (I hope that's the correct piece of equipment!)

This was so helpful, as he explained that a new charger would cost me around £50, but he hoped I might just need a new lead for £12. If I had gone into a large high st chain store I doubt I would have received this service.

He was patient, knowledgeable and helpful, and courteously managed to deal with about 4 people at once. The shop also has a few terminals, so acts as an internet cafe of sorts.

The gentleman in front of me in the queue received some good advice on a complex problem he was struggling with on his laptop, and was given several options of how to deal with the problem, including how to fix it for free himself!

Unfortunately it turned out I did need a new battery, and wasn't sure I wanted to stump up £50 for a worn out old laptop, but the SA could not have been more helpful and understanding. He didn't seem to mind that neither I or the gentleman in front of me had bought anything despite taking up his time. As a result, I will always go back there if I need help or to purchase parts in the future, as I think this was very fair of him and I hate pushy sales.

• Surbiton