I had one xp laptop

• Quality

caseyblindtknows's review of Dell

“I had one xp laptop”

Written on: 27/06/2019 by caseyblindtknows (4 reviews written)

I saw the dells when win xp pent 4 came out. I thought was pretty cool. My mom got me a dell laptop with xp home sp1 on it, that was when we had wireless web invented. I used a phone line for dial up modem and thought it was awesome. The phone line was NOT high speed. I thought the web opened up ok with msn back then.
The truth is this.
We got a dell laptop with a slot for wi fi card when It came out. I used the usb wi fi adapter when the wireless came out in 2000 years. I was glad to get big files in a few minutes. The laptop $499 back then. It was heavy and not that great. I used the laptop often. I used the laptop often.
The problems came soon after a year when I was made to use xp sp2. The laptop started to make some noises. The fan would moan some. I also felt the laptop getting warm. The laptop shut off one day when I was on a game or doing a simple task. I turned the computer on again and came up with a pretty funky error message. The screen was black and had a OVER heat message. I was like, what the hell!
The laptop was ok after a while again. I tried to save my work often and not do Hard work on it. Like use a dvd movie. The computer turned off again once after all. The error was NOT there, turn it back on. I plugged the computer into a usb fan from Big lots and tried to view a video on youtube. The video clicked and would you know it, OFF!
This was getting bad. I had put the laptop on the floor ans used it. I had a wood floor. The computer shut off when I was playing a maze game, no noise, just a black screen. I found a big book and put the laptop danging over it when my usb fan wore out. The laptop turn off after a while, but better than the usb fan.
Then one day, NOT even turn on!
What to do?
Mom gave me her old desktop with win ME on it. I was so happy, the desktop worked with out any problems. Dad thought I messed up the dell, but no.
My final thought is,
Buy a dell desktop and avoid their laptops!