I wouldn’t recommend to my enemy!

• Customer service

Reevo74's review of Gladiator Insurance www.gladiator.co.uk

“I wouldn’t recommend to my enemy!”

Written on: 05/02/2021 by Reevo74 (1 review written)

I write this review in the vain hope it will help people because Gladiator will NOT do anything more than the absolute minimum, they take your money and hang you out to dry.
This is my story. Taking out a policy on my new work crew van purchased with my late grandfathers inheritance in Aug 19, I was starting a new business and using the van for family holidays I knew my Grandad would be really happy and proud. It was easy to set up, pay and I opted for auto renew for peace of mind. During Lockdown I continued paying my insurance even though I wasn’t using the van. In Aug 20, I remembered I had auto renew so wasn’t concerned when I didn’t hear anything from Gladiator, on Sept 25 I checked my account and they had taken money from my bank, so again, wasn’t concerned, everything seemed quite normal.
Then on the 29th Sept, the worst happened, myself and my son were on a dual carriageway when smoked started coming in the van from under the bonnet, I could see small flames so instructed my 11 year old, that as soon as I stopped he was to get out and away, I would follow him. By the time I had stopped and got away the van was engulfed, the fire crew arrived and then the police to inform me the van was coming up uninsured! I asked if it was a joke! After calling my wife she told me a letter had arrived that day from Gladiator, she opened it. This company had cancelled my insurance 10 days prior stating non disclosure of driving licence. Something that other insurance companies do over the phone in a matter of minutes!! at that time, post was arriving quite slow due to COVID restrictions, this company had not tried to call me, email me or consider the unprecedented times we were in, they just sent out a letter, allegedly they, sent a letter previously, I did not receive it. I have now lost everything! My work tools, my van, my Grandads money but at least I still have my son and my life. I cannot afford to buy a new van and even if I could I will have to pay extra insurance due to them cancelling! After speaking with the company and sending a letter of complaint, I didn’t get as much as an apology! My advice to anyone reading this would be stay well away from them!

Have you made a claim?