Offensive UK comments

Guest's review of Andre Rieu Live in Concert

“Offensive UK comments”

Written on: 13/07/2017

I recently attended a Maastricht concert on the 08 July. I found comments made by Mr Rieu regarding the UK and Brexit offensive and totally un called for. When asking the audience where they came from, when people said Britain he responded "this is Europe" followed by "are you in? out? in? out? etc, this gave people from other countries the opportunity to ridicule us and laugh at us, considering that he says music brings people together and creates harmony, he should really practice what he preaches as his comments just provoked others into making fun of us, In addition the concert content was poor as was the sound but I think the final straw was bringing "the Hoff" on to try and sing a few songs along with Kit from nightrider. The sad thing is that I have been going to his concerts since 2011 and enjoyed them all up until now, but for me he needs to lay off the Brit bashing, he makes a lot of money from the Brits and making silly comments such as he has been doing is not going the right way in improving relations, also I tried to add my comments onto his website but they will only show positive feedback which again is wrong. I for one will not be attending anymore of his concerts.

Tataina's Comment

Written on: 19/01/2020

You will be happy with me...