ART WITHOUT CONSCIENCE

Littlear27's review of Andre Rieu Live in Concert

“ART WITHOUT CONSCIENCE ”

Written on: 16/06/2020 by Littlear27 (1 review written)

I resort to posting this review because I have not received any replies to my emails or messages from the Andre Rieu Organization. Ticketmaster or StubHub.
Following are a few excerpts from those notes:
1. "Due to COVID19, the March 13 2020 Florida BB&T Andre Rieu Event was not held...but the thousands of fans who bought tickets were NOT allowed a refund like other artists gave to their fans. This event was rescheduled for March 5 2021...ONE YEAR LATER! They have our money and they may OR may not.. hold the event then. Is this a fair way to treat long time fans? More than disappointing, we find it unconscionable".
2. "Google says that BB&T concert seating capacity is about 20,000.I paid $400.00 x 2 for my tickets to the March 13 concert. If one used an average price of only $150.00 x 20,000 seats, it appears that up to $3 MILLION DOLLARS may have been spent for tickets, but the Andre Rieu Concert has decided NOT to refund ONE PENNY to his weary, long suffering fans out here dealing with the Corona-virus, lost jobs, lost income and.. possible loss-of-life health issues. I've written several times and I've tried to be respectful, but I have received no response. Once a big fan, I am now extremely disappointed."
3. "You took the ticket money from thousands of fans for tickets to your March concert in Florida. Then you postponed it for ONE year. At one of the most tragic periods in history, you have decided to keep our money while millions face financial problems through no fault of their own. Not your problem I guess.. No one responds to my messages with an explanation so I resort to these public messages to reach you. Your once beautiful smile now seems more like a sneer and the sound of your wonderful music now falls on tainted ears. What happens next year jf you postpone again? Wait another year? Is interest-free money that enticing to your people? Come on Andre. Buy one less Tuxedo and 'Do The Right Thing'. "

• ANDREA BOCELLI, ELTON JOHN, SARA BRIGHTMAN,