Pour it away this is the worst drink I've ever tasted!

From 1 review

Guest's review of Strongbow Pear Cider

“Pour it away this is the worst drink I've ever tasted!”

Written on: 02/09/2012

As a general fan of ciders, even the infamous white ciders, I thought I'd give this a try. I have had pear ciders before from Magners and Kopparberg and found them enjoyable to drink. This is a new offering from Strongbow so the 'pear' bit really sold it for me and I grabbed 4 cans from the supermarket aisle.

Upon opening the can there is NO scent of fruit or pear. Drinking it was a quick realisation that this is one of the nastiest tasting ciders I have ever tried. The taste is slightly sweet but with a totally artificial pear flavour. I'd be interested to know if this has any actual pear juice in it at all, but I doubt it. About half way through the can I preferred to pour it down the sink.

AVOID at all costs- go for a Magners / Bulmers / Kopparberg but not this one!! Don't say you've not been warned. I would not pick this up again even for free.