Ruined our Christmas

Guest's review of Pines and Needles Christmas Tree

“Ruined our Christmas ”

Written on: 03/01/2017

This has been my first experience with Pines & Needles. I
came across their website through a Google search and was comforted by
the fact that you have a shop in my local park i.e. Richmond Park.
Through exploring their sight, my expectations of their products and
services were set. As such, I chose to purchase a tree with the
standard delivery service. Information on their website ensured that my
tree would be kept in water and trimmed so that I would not have to do
so. The standard delivery service also entailed delivery by a man in a
kilt, text notification and tracking service, as well as assurance that I would be
able to inspect the tree upon delivery. I am utterly shocked and highly
disappointed by their false advertising. I did not receive a text nor was I able to track my delivery as advertised as part of the
service I paid for. After waiting from 8am, the delivery man arrived at
around 4.30pm. The delivery man was not dressed in a kilt, nor did he
give me an opportunity to inspect the tree as advertised as part of the service I paid for. He was in and out like flash of lightening! Upon inspection of the tree it was apparent that the tree had not recently been trimmed as the base of the bark was bone dry and little shoots had grown which I had to trim myself of course the information on their website assured me that this would have been done.
As I unfortunately do not possess a saw, I was unable to trim the base myself and as such, the tree has not been taking water. In addition,
the top section of the tree is particularly dry and brown. In summary, I am very disappointed with their service and my entire experience with Pines & Needles. They should not advertise products and services which
you do not intend to meet or uphold. They only responded to my complaint on 2nd January 2017 without any explanation! We will not purchase from them again nor will we recommend them.