Unreliable booking system

Guest's review of Top Table www.toptable.co.uk

“Unreliable booking system”

Written on: 20/12/2013

I made a booking for 8 people for my birthday, which is very close to Christmas. The booking was for a branch popular chain of restaurants in my home town and I immediately received confirmation telling me that my confirmation was successful and that the booking was in the restaurants booking system.
I later received a phone call from the restaurant informing me that they could not fulfil my booking as the toptable system (open table) doesn't "talk" to their booking system and therefore couldn't see that they were fully booked.
When I phoned to complain to toptable they explained that their contract with the suppliers involves the supplier using toptable's software to keep toptable updated.

Two different points of view, and so much semantics.

What it boils down to is that the relationship between Toptable and it's suppliers isn't robust enough for them to guarantee my booking. End of.

I'll be booking directly with restaurants in future, though probably not in time for my birthday.

Thanks for nothing Toptable